Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Crazy Mental Distortion Fields of an Insomniac


Here is a sketch that I laid down tonight (this morning) at a frenetic pace. I was like a hound dog on the scent of some undisclosed query, but without the fur and quivering nose and yipping. Basically, what I'm trying to say is that I was manic in my delivery of ink from my pen to the surface of the paper. I had to be, I had been lying in my bed with the idea slowly revolving and surfacing and constructing itself right inside my head. While I was trying to sleep, damn it!
So, I put it down for all of you to see and clap your thunderous applause and bow in your humble adoration.

The basic idea is that wherever you go, you plant seeds of yourself (get your minds out of the gutter) for them to ferment and grow. You are important to the bio/culture/technosphere around in that you allow it to grow and cultivate itself and you actively contribute to that whether you like it or not. It's an idea that I'm still trying to shove into my own very stubborn brain.

Here's some of the text from the piece in case it's not legible: From his head: (from top to bottom.)
- Every day must be as important as the next or we loose ourselves in time.
- Allow others to appreciate you.
- The human being exists not for its manual labor but for the beauty of it's mind.
- Love yourself.
- My ideas are the only way I can justify my existance here on Earth. (doesn't quite fit the positive flow of everything else, but it's there, so deal with it.)
- Love what you do.

And then the little paragraph behind the walking dude: Regardless of whether or not you believe in god, take solace and pleasure in the fact that you are a jumble of atoms put together in a cosmic mistake and given the prescious gift of knowing you are here.

2 comments:

  1. This is phenomenal, Nick. Ink it. Please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely think I'll do a more finished version of it. I need it to be put up in my studio so I see it every day, to remind myself that I actually AM important to the world. Regardless of what I might think at the time.

    ReplyDelete